PRE AND POST-CEREMONY POLICIES
1. Couples applying for a wedding ceremony at Christ Church must be willing to comply with all pre-marital counseling sessions. Sessions will include other couples who will assist in teaching and mentoring you.
2. Pre-marital sessions will be scheduled and coordinated by the Pastor performing the ceremony and/or the assigned counseling team and mentors.
3. It is the responsibility of the couple to obtain the Marriage License as available by State in a timely manner.
Christ Church facilities and pastoral staff are available for Biblical marriage ceremonies for faithful Attenders or Members of Christ Church. Our facilities are not open to the public for the practice of religious and non-religious rituals or events that are not compatible with our doctrinal statement. Christ Church believes in, has supporting policies for, and only practices the Biblical model of Christian marriage between one man and one woman until separated by death (Genesis 1-2; Matthew 5; 19; Ephesians 5).
4. Christ Church facilities are available only for private religious ritual and ceremony use for Christ Church.
5. If a wedding ceremony is scheduled at Christ Church, decorations and preparation for the ceremony is not allowed to disrupt Sunday and Wednesday worship services. A wedding ceremony on Saturday should begin no later than 4:00 PM.
6. Rehearsal may or may not be attended by the Pastor assigned to the wedding ceremony. This will be determined at the discretion of the assigned Pastor. The Pastor attending a rehearsal will meet briefly with the Wedding Coordinator in advance. The Wedding Coordinator is expected to lead the rehearsal in a timely manner. Once necessary cues are determined to direct the actual portion of the ceremony led by the Pastor, the Pastor may be dismissed.
7. The assigned Pastor should arrive approximately thirty minutes before the ceremony. A photo of the Pastor may be taken after the ceremony.
8. Music that honors the Biblical purpose and design of marriage should be used during the ceremony and reception at Christ Church. Music must be pre-approved by Pastor Steven Vuong.
9. The assigned Pastor will not be responsible for any technical audio or video aspects during the ceremony. The person in charge of sound and recording is responsible to make sure all microphones have new batteries and are on and ready for recording before the ceremony begins. Sound checks and setting mics in the on/off position or mute/unmute position are the responsibilities of the sound and recording team. A fee of $100.00 should be given to the Audio/Video rep.
10. The couple or their designee is responsible to mail or drop off the Marriage License.
SUMMARY OF PRE-MARRIAGE SESSIONS
1. Introduction and review.
2. Defining Christian Marriage.
3. Uniqueness and Acceptance in Marriage.
4. Love as the Basis of Marriage.
5. Managing Expectations.
6. Defining the Purpose and Vision of Your Marriage.
7. Fulfilling Needs in Marriage.
8. Roles, Responsibilities and Decision-Making.
9. In-Laws and Extended Family.
11. Conflict and Problem Resolution.
13. Sexual Intimacy.
14. Your Spiritual Lives as Husband and Wife and as Individual Followers of Jesus.
15. The Rehearsal and Ceremony