This class is for you if….
- You find yourself frequently struggling with emotions that
seem out of control.
- You find that once strong negative emotions start, you are
unable to calm down.
- Your emotions seem to be hurting people around you.
- Your feelings get in the way of you doing the things you
know you need to do because you are mood dependent.
- You feel like a robot who has no emotions.
- You think emotions are bad.
- People you have a close relationship with tell you that you
can’t understand their emotions.
- You lack empathy and attunement toward the people you are in
- You have a close relationship with someone whose negative
emotions escalate quickly.
- You know what you should do and how you want to act, but
cannot seem to do it.
What will we learn and practice?
- We will learn the purpose of emotions as God has designed
- We will learn that God has created us with needs that can
only be met in relationship with other people.
- We will learn how to attend to the emotional needs of
- We will learn and practice extensive problem solving skills
relating to emotion regulation.
- We will learn how to live mindfully instead of mindlessly.
- We will learn distress tolerance.
How does this class work?
This is a skills-based class. We will learn and practice specific skills relating to
mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal relationships, and emotion
regulation. Participants are asked to commit to efforts aimed at weekly
practice and a small amount of reflection homework that should take between
5-20 minutes per week. Each week
in class, participants share with the group about homework practice and then a
new concept is taught. Worksheets and handouts will be provided; participants
should bring something to write with and a three-ring binder.
When and Where?
7 P.M. Monday evenings beginning with two introductory
meetings January 15 and 22.
Christ Church of Central Arkansas
9732 Maumelle Blvd
North Little Rock, AR 72113
(next to Fuller and Sons)
Who leads EC?
The class is led by Andrea Lowry under the counseling
ministry of Christ Church of Central Arkansas and with the guidance of Chris
Perry. For more info contact Andrea Lowry: email@example.com or text
No childcare is provided for EC.